- Job Code : 028
- Job Title : Maintenance Technician
- Description :
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing general building, and equipment maintenance. The Maintenance Technician will maintain various pieces of equipment, and provide assistance as directed in the maintenance department. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting/repair of machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Completes all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Keeps current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, and maintains various electrical components, and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms.
- Troubleshoots, installs, and repairs plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Performs mechanical and preventative maintenance work on equipment as per preventative maintenance manual, e.g., circulating pumps, air handling systems, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
Knowledge & Education:
- Post- Secondary Education3-5 years’ experience in a maintenance function
- Highly motivated and able to work independently able to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Die Setup/Press Safety training considered an asset
- Layered Process Audit and Error Detection training considered an asset
- Skilled Trades Certification in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Pre-Tech Certificate
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Forklift Training and/or License considered an asset. Will re-train
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required.
- Location : Amherstburg Ontario Canada
- City :
- Province :
- Deadline : 2020-08-31