- Job Code : 036
- Job Title : Maintenance Technician
- Description :
The Maintenance Technician under the direction of the Shift Leader will primarily be responsible for his / her assigned group of cells and equipment. The Maintenance Technician will ensure routine, breakdown and preventive maintenance are performed in a thorough and expeditious manner. Maintenance Technician will provide first response and troubleshooting of equipment/cells. This position must be able to read / interpret blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams to accomplish rapid diagnosis of failures, and identify corrective actions. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assigning mechanics to complete repairs, and verifying completion of preventive maintenance and other inspections. The Maintenance Technician will have thorough knowledge of Robotic, CNC benders, Manual equipment, Resistance Welders, Draw Machines, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Electrical, PLC logic and control, and Vision systems, as needed to maintain operations in their assigned area. Wage will depend on experience.
- DECISION MAKING
- CRITICAL THINKING
- PROBLEM SOLVING
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze fault modes, diagnose equipment failures and lead efforts to affect repairs
- Inspect and test both work in progress and completed work to ensure equipment is free from defects and ready for production.
- Coordinate with Quality Control Associates to ensue finished product meets customer specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints / drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics to accomplish troubleshooting and diagnosis of equipment failures.
- Observes performance of robotic welders (Motoman & Panasonic), Robotic Cells, and Manually operated equipment to ensure it meets quality expectations of our customers.
- Apply knowledge of welding, robotics, PLC controls, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical system principles.
- Operate common test equipment.
- Verify proper setup of robotic welding machines and fixtures used for work in progress and end product.
- Communicate observed failures to Quality Control Associates and assist in containment measures.
- Work with in house machinist to accomplish tool and die adjustments to tooling.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
- Formal Robotic training.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail required.
- Familiar with manufacturing and weld processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing / fabrication technologies.
- Well-developed problem solving skills.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to operate common testing equipment.
LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS
- Formal robotic training certification
- Cognex or other vision system training certification
- May require work in environments requiring protective equipment.
- May be exposed to dust and noise levels.
- May require lifting, lower and slide items between 25 and 70 lbs.
- Setting up, operating and inspecting heavy equipment.
- Interacts with employees and management.
- Overtime may be required.
- Location : Taylor Michigan USA
- City :
- Province :
- Deadline : 2020-08-31