- Job Code : 052
- Job Title : CNC Operator & Programmer
- Description :
The CNC Operator & Programmer will work with a team in a broad range of activities, managing multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism. Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Mastercam software
- Haas VF3 Vertical Machining center and the wire is a Makino V3.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Knowledge & Education
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Ability to understand blueprints, specifications and technical data
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T, Datum schemes and tolerances required
- Basic Tool and die skills are an asset
- 5yrs CNC experience
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs
- Safety equipment will be require (steel-toed safety boots, safety goggles/glasses)
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Overtime as required
- Location : Amherstburg Ontario Canada
- City :
- Province :
- Deadline : 2019-12-19