- Job Code : 040
- Job Title : Quality Engineer - Current Production
- Description :
Why choose us?
Windsor Machine is a family owned, privately operated company which strives on growing and expanding! More expansions, means more opportunities! We offer benefits to each of our employees such as:
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- .....many more!
Submit your resume if you think you would be a great candidate and would like to join our team!
The Current Production Corporate Quality Engineer is responsible to develop, implement and maintain quality system procedures, processes and documents for compliance to the company’s quality management system and applicable requirements. Provide direct hands-on support to continually improve internal and external quality performance through real time monitoring of inspection and production performance and the gathering and publication of performance data of these activities
The PQE will Interact directly with all levels of the organization in support of product development, manufacturing and ensure delivery of only good quality product. Interface as needed with suppliers, Customer QE’s, Production teams resolve quality issues and issue corrective actions. The PQE Serves as primary champion of all shop floor containment activities. Prepares Labor reports for time spent and data on defects found. Drives real time upstream feedback of finding to ensure plant floor is informed of failure are being produced and facilitates team activities with Production, Maintenance and Materials to ensure only approved material is allowed to ship.
Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Comply with all ISO9001, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 procedures and work instructions related to your job description; Assists in maintaining all aspects ISO9001, IATF 16949 guidelines.
- Shall adhere to all safety, health and environment procedures, policies and practices such as; Utilizing personal protective equipment and proper attire in keeping with safety standards.
- Perform and analyze inspections and train inspection personnel on correct inspection of all product manufactured in-house.
- Gage R&R development and assessment on various inspection, measuring and testing equipment.
- Support 8-D corrective and preventative actions; Implement interim and permanent corrective actions; Daily report out of inspection. activities.
- Authoring of various operating procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Serves as Technical leader for interpretation of training and accuracy of inspections to validate Quality Supervisors teams and technicians.
- Develop quality alerts and perform containment verification for product concerns.
- Support assigned projects and the development and/or update of the following: APQP documentation, Inspection Instructions, and others as needed.
- Prepares reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data for presentations to managers and/or other plant personnel.
- Design, develops and implements sample techniques, control charts, pareto diagrams and any other aspects of SPC. In coordination with Customer Quality Engineers
- Reviews and thoroughly understands product functional and design specifications.
- Assumes duties of quality technician & Supervisor when one is not available.
- Interpret / train team to interpret visual standard system criteria and boundary samples for use in manufacturing operations.
- Performs all other functions as required; included are any other work assignments relating to the efficient flow of work within Windsor Machine and Stampings.
Knowledge And Education:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent.
- 0 – 3 years of experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- CQE with the American Society for Quality (ASQ) is benificial.
- Location : Taylor Michigan USA
- City : Taylor Michigan
- Province :
- Deadline : 2021-10-31