- Job Code : 000
- Job Title : Electro-mechanical Product Engineer
- Description :
This position is responsible for designing, engineering and developing automotive products, such as electrical actuators and electrical device integration into existing automotive systems, from concept to production. Responsible for ensuring product meets customer requirements at all stages of the design process. Will be in direct contact with customers and suppliers throughout the design development process to ensure a flawless production launch.
- Directly communicate with customers to present and explain proposals, reports, and findings.
- Create and develop CAD drawings of parts and assemblies, including electrical actuators and electrical device integration.
- Create and maintain engineering documents such as DFMEA, Control plans, DVP&R, tolerance stacks, etc.
- Building and testing prototype and pre-production parts and assemblies.
- Prepare and update engineering specifications and procedures.
- Review inspection reports and assist in resolution of field production problems.
- Make Decisions and Solve Problems - Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Manage engineering changes.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- 3 years minimum experience in automotive Engineering.
- Graduate of College or University in Engineering beneficial.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used electro-mechanical design concepts, practices, and procedures within the automotive field.
- Good understanding of electrical actuators such as servos and solenoids.
- Has knowledge of electrical wire harness design, manufacture and assembly
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering theories and principles
- Has knowledge of common manufacturing processes such as metal stamping and forming, plastic injection, etc.
- CAD software experience required, Pro/E Creo beneficial
- PLM software experience beneficial, such as Windchill, TCE, etc.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- 40-45 hours typical, with additional overtime as required.
- Location : Windsor Ontario Canada
- City :
- Province :
- Deadline : 2021-10-31