- Job Code : 050
- Job Title : Plastic Press Technician
- Description :
The Plastic Press Technician will be responsible for performing general equipment maintenance on the plastic press machines and molds. The Maintenance Technician will maintain the plastic press machine and provide assistance as directed in the plastics department. Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment.
- Performs simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting/repair of machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Completes all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Keeps current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, installs, and maintains various electrical components, and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance checks of all electrical alarms.
- Troubleshoots, installs, and repairs plumbing fixtures, piping, and related equipment.
- Performs all material handling duties in the plastic department .
- Performs all Plastic Processing adjustments.
- Performs Plastic Mold Set Up, startups , and shutdown procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Post- Secondary Education3-5 years’ experience in a plastic press maintenance function
- Highly motivated and able to work independently able to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Die Setup/Press Safety training considered an asset
- Layered Process Audit and Error Detection training considered an asset
- Skilled Trades Certification in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Forklift Training and/or License considered an asset
- Location : Amherstburg Ontario Canada
- City :
- Province :
- Deadline : 2019-12-31